Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GLPointon

3 SPEED TRANS...shifter stuck? need help..

GLPointon
Thanks guys... While vac'in leaves my 7010 wouldn't shift into 1st or 3rd gear. It stops just above the center "start position"...and if I shift down into 2nd or Reverse and let up on the clutch it drags down the engine like its locked up or in 2 gears at once, but if I declutch in Nutral position it moves like its in 1st gear..:( Its like I'm stuck in 1st gear with no nutral. I've never tore into one of these...? Any help would be great

steve-wis
Yes, sounds like you are stuck in first gear. There are posts for how to fix this problem on the older tractors, but not sure if yours is the same. On the older ones, there is a plug at the top of the tranny that you can take out, then reach in with a bent screwdriver and slide the gears back to where they need to be. I believe there is even a video on youtube on how to do this. Others will chime in and let you know if yours is the same. Hope this helps, and good luck! Steve

GLPointon
A Million Thanks Steve It took a bit of YouTube searching before I found the video. (I had my trans halfway removed before your reply) After watching the video I fixed the problem in 5 minutes!:D:D I put a link below...EVERYONE with a Simp-A/C should watch this video if they dont already know how to reset this problem... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqnPXZEV0ZE