Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Paint for a Wards/Simplicity walk behind

brokenfeather

Didn't see any specific information about this machine. It's a Wards/Simplicity built Walk behind 2 wheeler. Does any one have a ideal as to what paint I could use that would be a close match? It was one of the last ones built in the late 60's if that's any help. At some point I want to start repainting a few items on it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Had a fellow at another forum give me a heads up on a Duplicolor DE 1607. It's an engine paint and matchs exactly the color on my Wards/Simplicity. Glad I finally found something. I was at a Simplicity dealer yesterday and snagged a can of touch up paint. It was used but still felt full. They gave me a nice discount on it.

I use the Dupli-color DE1607 for any ones 1966 or older and I use Dupli-color DE1620 on all ones after 1967. that is what i found to be the closest match. Just my 2 cents

HI, I think the orange Chevrolet engine paint is a very close match for the walk behinds. The early tractors were much redder. I think I still have a new quart of the factory red orange unopened. I don't know why they don't still make spray cans of it. Sad. Al Eden