Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dentwizz

6 inch Transmission pulley

dentwizz
Has anyone used a 6" transmission pulley on the 3 speed chassis? If so, what is the belt length to fit it? I seem to have thought there was a chart a while back but I couldn't find it in the search.

perry
quote:
Originally posted by dentwizz
Ah, my 9hp(now 12hp:D) LL has a 7 on it so maybe that was in fact switched? Good to know 6 was standard on there.
throw a tape across there and it's actually like 6 1/2" pulley. i have seen the 8" and 10" factory simplicity pulleys but never a 7". do you need a 6" pulley ? . i was thinking of going with a little larger pulley on my mowing tractor to slow'er down a little.

HubbardRA
If you are using 1/2 inch belts, then get some 1/2 inch rope. Wrap it around the pulleys tightly like you would want the belt then mark both ends at the overlap. Straighten the rope out and measure between the two marks. Done this many times. It usually gets you within 1 inch of the belt size. I have had to return a few belts and go either up or down one size. At least you are directly in the area of right size. If you compare the sizes listed in the chart and there is a close match to your measurement, then you know the correct size.

MikeES
Once you figured out your belt length for a particular driven pulley (leaving the drive pulley always the same), the change in driven pulley to belt length is easy. For instance to change from a 5" driven to 5.5" driven will require a 1" longer belt. To from 5" to 6" requires a 2" longer belt etc.

rokon2813
quote:
Originally posted by Dark
ha Always get a chuckle on the coil overs that tractor sports:D
Me too :D:D I'm thinking if you cut the uprights off between the bolt holes, than add a short plate to the sides to act as a pivot, they could actually work for the seat pan :O:O:O