Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
deezay

Snowblower mounting for 916 Allis

deezay
I just picked up two 36 snowblowers off craigslist for 100$ with a mount for a front pto setup. Is there anyway to make this hitch work with a mid pto setup or am i better off buying an electric pto to use the front mount or should i look for a new hitch? Thanks. -Andrew

Brettw
Burntime may have a hitch for you. You can convert the one you have to a center PTO if you have some fabrication abilities. Again, Burntime may be able to give you some pointers. Depending upon your tractor, front PTO's are either hard to find, or nearly non existent. Some Sovereigns with the single cylinder Briggs had a mechanical front PTO. Twin cylinder Kohlers did not have a front PTO, but I understand Cub made one for their tractors. Electric, 'spensive, and again rare as Hen's teeth. Long story short, find the single pulley bracket to run off of the center PTO, reconfigure yours, or take a long and likely pricey road to locating and making work, a front PTO setup.

Hotwire7434
Deezay, As Brett stated check with Burntime he had one or two left for sale. I fabricated one for my 916H and it works like a champ. Don't have the measurements though my neighbor assisted in the welding. I will try to attach the photos I used. If not send me a PM with your email address and I can send everything I have. I will have to check on the belt length but I think it was 149" got it at NAPA worked great last winter. Hope this helps. I tried to upload the file it is too large. Send me a PM. Tom