Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Built-tough

Just beginning to restore my Sovereign. (over time

Built-tough
Hi again, Im back with new news and I have decided that I could not look at my second tractor as a parts tractor so, I am going to do a restoration on it and it needs a lot of work. ^ I have started pulling it apart and found some rust, and also while taking off the generator/ starter, one bolt broke and is now in the block... What should i do about the bolt? Also does anyone know where to find a book on all the parts of the tractor and also how and where they go? Instruction booklet! It's a 3012 Sovereign. Here are some pictures from taking it apart.

simplewrench
Well if you feel comfortable. You will need to drill out the bolt. Start small and use a left hand drill bit if you can get one. Then they have a product called an easy out which you can stick in the hole you have drilled and turn it counter clockwise and hopefully it will back out. Plenty of penetrating oil first would be appropriate.

Willy
quote:
Originally posted by Built-tough
Hi again, Im back with new news and I have decided that I could not look at my second tractor as a parts tractor so, I am going to do a restoration on it and it needs a lot of work.
Look Guys he cought the bug. The Bug usualy bites when think about parting out a tractor after he nips you it's hard to part with or part one out. As for the busted bolt you will probably have to drill it out,If you can find a left hand drill bit sometime they will back out while drilling. Good Luck Willy

GLPointon
Here's a link to my "B210 full restoration" which is basicly the same tractor. and if you get your Mfg.# from the simpletractors site and enter it in the "manuals" search you can get complete user & parts manuals free from Simplicity...or somebody may chime in with a link...Good Luck http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=118376

timflury
You can never take too many pictures, not for us to :drl:drl over, but for your own reference as well. Time is on your side, it is best to take your time. This is THE BEST forum you can turn to for answers. Don't be afraid to stop your progress if you get confused on something. Staying organized is a key factor in any restoration. Hopefully, I can heed my own advice when it comes to restoring my old 575 this winter. I usually rush. And when that happens, I don't make time to take photos and then I end up with a pile of tractor parts that I have no idea where what went.sm00sm00

Built-tough
Thats good advice tim! I hope i get to see pictures of when you restore your tractor! And John, I am not sure why they are flipped like that, not sure how to fix that. I was having trouble uploading them earlier.

GLPointon
If the pic is rectangle it puts the long side horizonal by default. You should take all your tractor pics in landscape view not portrait view. (fancy way of sayin' shoot'em horizonally);)

comet66
quote:
Originally posted by GLPointon
If the pic is rectangle it puts the long side horizonal by default. You should take all your tractor pics in landscape view not portrait view. (fancy way of sayin' shoot'em horizonally);)
Didn't flip my Granddaughter.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts