Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ken

7016 H question

Michiganmobileman
Just looked at mine in the garage, "System 7016H" but still a 1690006, Sunstrand, and I do have a filter underneath. I thought so and just had to go check:D. The owners manual does list a filter and the parts manual gives a part number but like Bob said no mention of a filter change in the maintenance section. Maybe PO modified your 7016?? I am also thinking the Homelite T-16 I have has a filter too, but thats in the shed.

MikeES
All the large frame hydro tractors had filters from the factory. The Vickers hydro had the filter element in the canister, the 70s Sundstrand had the spin-on filter underneath and the 80s and 90s Sundstrands had the smaller spin-on filter on the left side of the tranaxle.

Ken
My mistake. My 7114 has the filter on the side. New to me is the 7016 and I didn't see the filter on the side, all I saw was a blank plate where I thought the filter should be. Low and behold! It is underneath the tractor. Any idea's out there on a Napa hydro filter part #? I don't have a dealer that is to close to me. Thanks for all of the help.