Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How many reasons to buy yet another tractor???

SmilinSam

I dont have one like that. My kid says he wants a tractor. I need one to put the tiller on so I dont have to change attachments. I need a backup for the new tractor. I might need spare parts. I bought it to get the attachment. I need a smaller one. I need a bigger one. Diesel fuel is cheaper. I need a backup to back up the backup. It was a steal at that price! My wife needs a tractor. Gotta have more horsepower. Its rare! I couldn't just leave it in the weeds! Come on people, jump on the wagon! I know there is more reasons invented than this.

Those are great. My wife has heard them all though. You are right we need to hear some more from the veteran tractor nuts out there. How about: - But I thought orange was your favorite color? - I really plan on selling one this time. - Did I tell you how great you look today. - I once heard of a guy on SimpleTrACtors who had 10 times this many. - My other ones are lonely. - This one has a rear lift. - I am planning on tilling the flower garden you always wanted with it. -

How about the one we all probably used as a kid... It followed me home -- can I keep it?

I am working some history here, I have to have one from each year to complete my school project!!--But if I have a wonderboy 700 I need a B-1, you don't want to seperate kids do you, then why should I seperate these brother and sister garden tractors?--I need one at each persons yard I mow, that way you don't have to transport them for me!!--Hey, it saved more room for me to have smaller garden tractors then one big tractor!!, Too many to list,-BradW

The one with the most toys when he dies- WINS!! I need one for the other foot. So many tractors garden tractors and so little time. (Or maybe that deals with women drivers and so many pedestrians and so little time.) Guess it works for tractors also. I don`t know many of these reasons as my wife always says "If you want the tractor, buy it." John

We could try: "I have to buy them while they are still affordable." "The grandkids need a tractor for pulling." Jim

I need a winter project you wanted a tractor to mow the lawn with when I am at the tractor shows. I don't have one like this I can sell it after I am done and make some money on it.

Someone's gotta take care of these tractors before they all disappear.[A href='http://www.wheatfarm.com']http://www.wheatfarm.com[/a]

It's cheaper to buy the whole tractor for parts than to buy the parts individualy. If my son has one then my daughter has to have one. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't gamble so why not collect tractors. I don't have the room for a full size tractor so why not have more than one garden tractor. At least you know what I spent our money on.

Here is one I've heard with other collections, should work here. But Honey, They're worth more when I've got the whole Set. Eray

It’s an unfortunate fact, but our society is stripping men of our sovereignty (no pun intended). As long as we provide for our families, we should not be required to justify (with concocted reasons and excuses) every decision we make. Do our wives need a “reason” to buy another pair of shoes..? Are we not expected to “go along” with our children’s wants simply because “all the kids are doing it”..? To avoid a conflict, next time you buy a tractor, just keep your mouth shut. Maybe you won't even be challenged. Sorry to post a serious reply to this lighthearted discussion.

Oh heck Dutch, My wife has got to the point where she says "Why Ask me. you're going to do what you want anyhow." Anyhow, as long as I fund her projects with some of my time and $$$ she doesn't really care. I married the right one! Here is a few more reasons: But I have attachments that need tractors! I just wanted to try one of those out for a while. I need something to do on vacation. Brad, I thought of putting one on each place I mow, but I have not figured out how to convince the owners to let me put a storge shed on there premises to store them in. Ha HA

"But honey, the last thing you want is for us to have a lousy auction after we are gone . . . with all these tractors think of how great our auction will be . . . people will come from miles around."

My fater-in-law collects guns, he buys his wife one for Xmas. She always tells him she doesn't want any guns. So he says, I think I lost the receipt so I might as well keep it, I always wanted one like this anyway.

"then there's this shiny Landlord 101........just down the street..........with a deck, blower, cart.....all rebuilt,painted.........shiny!........they only want $1000 honey!...............can I get it? can I, can I?" now this may work if you're fairly well caught up on your "honeydo" list......

It was there? Sorry honey, if I didn't buy it, someone else would get it. [ok, so this was reasons bought rather than to buy]