Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HB212 Restore Pics

Steve72

Just finished an 8 week project to restore this 1970 HB212. Complete teardown, new tires, paint, engine rebuild etc. Ready for winter!!

Awsome resto Steve. I have one just like it I'm in the process of restoring. Seeing your's makes me want to get mine done sooner! Welcome to the club...............

Thanks guys---there have been many nice tractors shown/restored on this site so I am glad you like it---I was inspired by Greg Pointons restore and stared at his shots through-out my restore---so thanks Greg! The paint (about 25 cans) was X-Rusto Cat Yellow. I built the toolbox in 1992 before I knew what the original was supposed to look like--or I would have made it shorter. It is not bolted to the deck--only the back of the seat as I couldn't bring myself to drill into the seat pan.

Nice job!!:drl I wasn't smart enough to pick one of those up here in town and am still kicking my self. I did get the tiller that was with it after the guy junked the tractor. Too bad the tiller does not work on my 917 though.

dOd AWSOME JOB!!!dOd That looks better than it did brand new...for sure. I love the toolbox. Do you have any "before" Pics? And thanks for the compliments, my son (the photographer) will be glad to know all his time spent photographing my project was for a good cause. The members here always educate, entertain & inspire each other. Welcome to the club...:D
quote:
Originally posted by Steve72
Thanks guys---there have been many nice tractors shown/restored on this site so I am glad you like it---I was inspired by Greg Pointons restore and stared at his shots through-out my restore---so thanks Greg! The paint (about 25 cans) was X-Rusto Cat Yellow. I built the toolbox in 1992 before I knew what the original was supposed to look like--or I would have made it shorter. It is not bolted to the deck--only the back of the seat as I couldn't bring myself to drill into the seat pan.