Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

When is a FDT not an FDT?

locknut

When you add a couple of these. [IMG]http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/locknut-1/Simplicity%203210V/005-5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/locknut-1/Simplicity%203210V/006-3.jpg[/IMG] The purists here are gonna kill me }:)

quote:
Originally posted by D10-Allis
You spelt it wrong...........It's FDT Nice looking tractor.
Dag nabbit,that's the second thing I screwed up today.Had to put the deck on to check clearance for those brackets,so I decided to make a maiden run with it accross the yard.The cut was really nice and no funny noises,but noticed not much grass was being thrown out the side.Yep,I threw the belt on backwards. B)

quote:
Originally posted by locknut
quote:
Dag nabbit,that's the second thing I screwed up today.Had to put the deck on to check clearance for those brackets,so I decided to make a maiden run with it accross the yard.The cut was really nice and no funny noises,but noticed not much grass was being thrown out the side.Yep,I threw the belt on backwards. B)
It's ok Greg, Gotcha covered on the typo but can't help you with the belt install from here. Looking good as a RBT though. ;)

Dan, I think I see an added shaft under the tractor from an extension of the lift arms. I'd guess he's added a few other things besides the RB's.

AHH, I found it. This is the one with the electric lift. I still like it. Well,I finished up the project today.Not enough clearance under there to use the lift for the deck.I guess it's no big deal.I can still mow without a lift.Will work good for the front blower or anything I want to lift on the back.

quote:
Originally posted by KSever
quote:
Originally posted by locknut
quote:
It's ok Greg, Gotcha covered on the typo but can't help you with the belt install from here. Looking good as a RBT though. ;)
Thanks for fixing that,Kris.

I want to fix up a b-10 for my grandson . Just what i need to keep his feet out of the pullys and tires. Can't be to careful with kids.

This purist isn't going to kill you, not my style but I think it looks pretty good anyways.:DdOd I want to see more pics of the tractor, that looks like a mighty fine restoration.dOd:D

quote:
Originally posted by MDB
This purist isn't going to kill you, not my style but I think it looks pretty good anyways.:DdOd I want to see more pics of the tractor, that looks like a mighty fine restoration.dOd:D
Here's some more pics; http://s498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/locknut-1/Simplicity%203210V/ I put those boards on to make it easier to mount and it sure helps.This tired old frame needs all the help it can get sm01

What a sweet looking tractor! I think the floor board mod looks pretty cool and it looks factory. Now I'm gonna have to find one of these tractors for myself!

Installing running boards on a FDT is like putting training wheels on a motorcycle. :O You should be embarrassed if you need ether of them...LOL. I must admit, ya did a good job though.