Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AllisBigTenBoy

Machining Hitch

AllisBigTenBoy
I am gonna take the task of machining a new hitch for my 7100 series simplicity and hopefully come up with good resultsXX( Im taking 2" mild steel on a lathe at my technical school and turning down diameters to my measurements. Im gonna then make another piece for where it hooks to the cable to lift up and down and get that welded on. I might make up a diagram and make some kind of 3 pt. ? or some custom hitch. It is gonna hopefully come out good (this is a amateur machinist job but I want to try it out :D

AllisBigTenBoy
I came up with an idea, and so far its coming good. Does anyone happen to know the measurements of the holes for the lift (for lack of simplicity knowledge XX() the piece that rotates on the top part of the hitch to raise and lower the attachment? I tried to roughly measure it with a tape measure (oops) :I luckily the diameters of the piece I made are still over the right diameter. If I can't find the size I will just use my uncles calipers later tonight and hopefully get it right this time sm00 I am hopefully registering my truck tonight to so I will be able to bring the tractor to my technical school to make the 3 pt. or I will pull off the hitch assembly instead of bringing the whole tractor. wish me luck!:D

AllisBigTenBoy
I will have to try to put the pics up on a free image website or something, Im too cheap to pay the 10 dollars for themembership 8O) I have started it and I have turned down the diameters on each side. I would try to explain my idea but it probably wouldn't be easy on my part to make it understandable to the more knowledgable sm00