Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PO mixed up engines?

GLPointon

Can anyone tell me the original 16 hp Briggs Model & Type numbers from a Simplicity 3416s mfg #990872... also the same for a 7016 6 speed if possible...Thanks alot! I dont like that the numbers are on the shroud, if someone swaps shrouds then you dont know proper engine # for parts...? Or are all 16 hp from the 1970s the same for parts?? thanks... Greg

Thanks Bob, thats what I needed... The engine #s on the shroud are 326431-0200-01. dont know if the diff. matters but I know PO swapped an engine & I'm ordering piston, rings, etc and wanted to compare part #s with OEM #s...anyway Thanks again...sm01

The Briggs in my 3416H is: Model: 326431 Type: 0133-02 Code: 750516 1 ==> May 5,1975 Serial #: E950012 I don't know if this is the original engine, but I believe it is.

The number on my 3416H's engine is 326431 0127-01 7404161 My dad bought it new so I know its original. Measuring the bore/stroke is the only foolproof ID though, and even then I dont know how to distinguish a 14hp cid from a 15 or 16 hp 32 cid engine. And I have at least one engine with the wrong number and sheetmetal. I have a 3415S with humped cooling fins on the head and the right engine numbers, but the bore measures 3.473 - which is a 30 cid 12 or 13hp.... My $0.02 worth