Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SNOW ???????????

GregB

Woke up this am to see that we are in the 5-8" band for Saturday ! What :O:O:O The Farmers Almanac predicted it ? Guess tomorrow am will be plow day.

I was going to put the sickle back on the 210 for some field cutting on tues/wed but it looks like the plow may be going on for the weekend:D Go figure I'll be mowing my church property today with the other one...

I feel a great disturbance in the force. I think it's time for suntanning. Had enough rain in the last 2 weeks. Wintry gray skies. I remember, when I lived in Calgary, AB - one halloween it was -30 w about 6" of sneeee. Yes, if you want an extra 2 months of winter, you can always move there. Pass. Thanks very little. sm01

quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
I'm still mowing, but the "slight chance of showers" last night suggests its time to mount some snowblowers. C
[img]/club2/attach/larry8200/acos.jpg[/img]

Nice pix Larry. Interesting lighting FX. How did you get the red and yellow snow? You have a really big really sick dog? :D OMG ! Wha'happend? or is it just my monitor trying to mimic early technicolor? Time for new pc methinks.

quote:
Originally posted by MysTiK ...Nice pix Larry. Interesting lighting FX......
The lighting came from the lamp outside the front door and the floods on the front of the shop. I steadied the camera against the door jam and took the picture at 1/8 second exposure, aperture at max and flash off.

Saturday: Got tractor out of shed. Removed trailer. Found chains, found plow. Put trailer back on. Put chains and plow in trailer and hauled to garage. Unloaded plow. Unloaded chains. Hauled trailer back to shed. Drove tractor back to garage (Shed and garage are as far apart as can be and remain on the same property) Put on plow. Watched snow. Put on one chain. Power went out. Got out generator. Got out bazillion feet of cable. Hooked everything up but the last circuit (TV for football) Power came back on. Watched the snow. Went to bed. Sunday: Put away bazillion feet of cable. Secured generator. Put on second tire chain...Yaaayy...gonna finally plow now! Tractor won't start. Belt slips. Tightened belt. Tractor starts! Plowed nicely like the guy who does it twicely. Life is good! And I haven't even tried the blower yet......

quote:
Originally posted by rfsmith1952
Saturday: Got tractor out of shed. Removed trailer. Found chains, found plow. Put trailer back on. Put chains and plow in trailer and hauled to garage. Unloaded plow. Unloaded chains. Hauled trailer back to shed. Drove tractor back to garage (Shed and garage are as far apart as can be and remain on the same property) Put on plow. Watched snow. Put on one chain. Power went out. Got out generator. Got out bazillion feet of cable. Hooked everything up but the last circuit (TV for football) Power came back on. Watched the snow. Went to bed. Sunday: Put away bazillion feet of cable. Secured generator. Put on second tire chain...Yaaayy...gonna finally plow now! Tractor won't start. Belt slips. Tightened belt. Tractor starts! Plowed nicely like the guy who does it twicely. Life is good! And I haven't even tried the blower yet......
That is usally what happens.. XX(