Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow blade

tweinke

Ok guys I have a request,I am going to try to modify a Craftsman snow blade to my 917. I am looking for a right side picture of a Simplicity or AC spring trip blade mounted on the tractor with the blade on the ground. And maybe a rough dimension of the blade pivot point to the pivot on the axle.Any other dimensions would be ok. Thanks for any help in advance!

Todd; put an ad on Craigslist and trade the Crapsman blade for the proper one. Or sell it and buy the right one. Less hassle and a better blade. Dave.

I agree with everyone that a Simp/AC plow would be better, but they are scarce here in Montana, so I did this. I mounted the sears (Arnold) quick attach brackets to the front frame with a few washers for proper spacing. I used the lift and angle handle as-is. It works well, but I am looking for the real thing if one becomes available. If this is of interest, I can get some better pix as soon as I take off the sears scoop and put on the blade for snow. I need to do that anyway. The scoop thing is a whole different story.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=118841 crapsman plow with mount second picture down, notice its folded in teh middle, Get a better plow and you will be happy you did.

I totally agree about getting a Simplicity plow. But there is a catch,Here in southern Mn Simplicity attachments are hard to find and when you do it seems they are worth gold.Also my wife is now currently underemployed due to restructuring at her former employer. I gave almost nothing for the crapsman plow so the thought is make it work and find a Simplicity/ AC plow. I do know the difference because my parents had a 716 6 speed Allis that we plowed with and that was a very nice blade that was very well made. I thank you guys for the input and wanting to save me the heartache when not if it fails!I wish there was a decent Simplicity dealer closer to me that realizes that older tractors are still out there.sm04

tweinke, do you have a photo of your craftsman plow and mount? If so, I could see if it is similar to mine and maybe share some ideas to help with the mounting.