Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-210, WOW

larry8200

I was skeptical about a blower on a 10 horse tractor, but that old Briggs went through almost a foot of wet snow in just half an hour!! 2nd and reverse with the variable at 1/2 cleaned it right up. Hydrolift was nice too. Now to get the cab on it!!!!

did you expect anything less from a Allis :D man you guys got some snow. mowing grass one day and blowing snow the next uh ? sm00

You betcha!! I've been blowing Midwestern "lake effect" blizzards for years with a 7010. sometimes so deep it spills over the top of the blower.sm01 Happy SnowblowingdOd

I want your blowersm01 My 210 did that with the push blade on it last night. 2nd/rev variable half works pretty well even on mid throttle. With a good belt on it the 210 variable works pretty nice for feathering traction, though the LL manual makes more jump pushes.

Theres a bog difference between running the blowers with a 10 vs a 16, but the 10's still do a fantastic job! They are all I used until last winter when I cleared up a few times with the B112. Those old Briggs amaze me sometimes...between the tiller and plow, the blower and dozer...they can do it all!

quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave
:O:O Larry; whatever is all that white stuff? Don't remember any of that being there in September. LOL. Dave.
LOL... If you didn't know what that "white stuff" is, you wouldn't have left here with a sno-cab. Hate to say the cab for the B-210 is sitting out back untouched, and that cab was last on the B-210... But HEY!! Hows that sickle bar work on the ole white stuff??? :D

Nice job clearing all that heavy snow.. We were lucky here, just got some heavy rain along with sleet and lite hail on Saturday. I still have one more day of heavy leaf pick up to do. No where near ready for snow yet!!!!

Glad to hear it worked for you, my 5008 with a blower choked and clogged up with two inches of slush.... worked for a few minutes until the silcone spray washed away in the chute....

That AC B-210 with snowblower does a good job. I'm still picking up leaves with my Simplicity 7116H with vaccum & trailer. I have been working on my snow cleaning crew.....so far 3 out of 4 tractors are running.Four tractors should do the job.^ Simplicity 3416H with 46inch snowblade,Allis Chalmers 710 with 36inch snowblower,Allis Chalmers 917H with cab and 42inch snowblower, Massey Ferguson 1450 with 48inch snowblade. Karl

quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity85
....whats up with the hood on that AC?
Original owner cut out and hinged the hood so you could have access to battery, etc. while the cab is mounted. I actually like it and since the hood is beat up a bit too, it makes a great tool/work bench. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Architectdave
Glad to hear it worked for you, my 5008 with a blower choked and clogged up with two inches of slush.... worked for a few minutes until the silcone spray washed away in the chute....
Dave, I've found that good ole hard car wax on all the leading surfaces and up in the chute works a lot better than any spray. Just slather it on and don't even worry about buffing it off. I take my wax can and heat it with my heat gun from the top just until I see liquid, then I just rag it on. I blow snow with my 5hp Serf and 27" blower.

I have had excellent results with blowers and plows using paste wax and just leaving it (not rubbing it out). Much better than silicone sprays.

going to put the cab on the B-210 and chains and blower on my 74 Sovereign this weekend, then ready for winter.... :)