Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ain't the snow pretty???

Willy

I would like to congratulate all you members in the east on your new snow fall. It really looks pretty from here in Iowa, 24" I'll bet it's very wet and hard to move.:D:D Please keep it out your way until I get my leaves picked up. We will be waiting patiently for the pictures.

It was 6 inches in Lancaster PA but it was wayyy wet. I thought I could get away without chains on the B210 pusher but the 50 lb wheel wieghts and 40 lb counter didn't count for much:O Chains on, not a problem though. I was hoping for a bit more mowing and when the snow clears off theres still some sickle work in the pasturessm01

Only got 3-4 inches in SE PA! But lost two trees -maple, and 1 dogwood. It came on about 2 hours too soon; no chance to cut down the chains from the 2110 for the 4212, and to remove the deck. Engine still running a bit rough. VERY SLUSHY!

I got 12 inches here in Wolcott, CT. I used my recently purchased 68 Landlord and barely had it ready in time. I was actually putting on the chains as the snow was falling on Sat at 11am. I still got some adjustments to do on the old girl for her to be ready for the next storm and snow fall in Jan of 2012.

quote:
Originally posted by Willy
I would like to congratulate all you members in the east on your new snow fall. It really looks pretty from here in Iowa, 24" I'll bet it's very wet and hard to move.:D:D Please keep it out your way until I get my leaves picked up. We will be waiting patiently for the pictures.

I've never seen snow do this kind of damage before -- it played havoc with oaks and any late maples that hadn't dropped their leaves. I'm used to seeing broken pines but not oaks... Here's a slideshow from the Worcester paper: http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=WT&Date=20111030&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=103009996&Ref=PH&SectionCat=BUSINESS