Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dentwizz

Landlord semantics...

dentwizz
I have done a series of enhancements on my 64LL lately which has brought me to think of the terminology of the title. From what I can tell the difference between the 990314 and the 2012 Sovereign is the engine and tire choices. Now I have 16x6.5x8 fronts and 23x10.5 rears and a 12 hp 300421 engine replacing the 23D that shattered a piston. That engine will get rebuilt, but the 12 is really growing on me- especially the synchro system feel. So at what point does the LL achieve Sovereignty?|)

ReedS
No sovereignity til flat hoods! Lol Love the 12hp Briggs, they've really grown on me since I have 2 3112v's. I have other tractors with 13 and 16 hp Briggs engines that just don't have the same smoothness at all! The late round hoods, the 2012 were the first 12 up models for sure though they were still LL's.

RayS
keep an eye out for a 14hp. They have the same synchro cover as the 12hp, but have the same bore and stroke as the 16hp. The internal parts are the same part numbers as well. Got my from an old sears Suburban. The model series is 320420 - 320428.

larry8200
I love the 12 in my 3212H, but I like the 14 in my 3314H better, and my 3416H best - which has a valve and piston from Ray. :) I have a Sovereign 3415S with narrow rear rims/tires like an early B10, and a 10hp engine, and I dont consider it a Sovereign. I have a LL 3310V with wide tires and 15hp repower and I dont consider it a Sovereign either, though the 3314V was a Sovereign.