Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

10HP Briggs running problem

locknut

My lawnmower mechanic just put a new seat in the carb this morning and seemed to run ok while there.When I get it home it starts acting up.After warming up a little it runs good at idle with the choke pushed all the way in.But,the more throttle I give it,the choke has to be pulled out further to keep it running.At full throttle it has to be pulled almost all the way out to keep it running.What gives?

If it was done at a place of business, I would take it back. Have you tried adjusting the idle and high speed air mixture screw. Sounds to be running lean if you have to pull the choke out after it is warmed up. Also make sure the linkage between the governor and throttle shaft is not binding.

Thanks,Ray.I checked the CAQ section and the link for carb adj was non-working.I took the tractor back and all it was,was a matter of carb adjusting on the high speed screw.Now it runs like a rocket :) Finally broke down and bought a new throttle cable ~60 bucks,just couldn't put up with the old one and no apparent way to fix it.