Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Modifier1

Snow-Dirt Plow

Modifier1
I just picked up a snow/Dirt plow which I assume will fit my 716H AC and 7114S Simp. Question is what are the 2 pieces attached to the hitch. Owner said he bought it 15 yrs ago and never used it and it looks like it. I asked him what tractor he got it for and it was a Regency 12? that he sold along time ago.

RickS
Larry, While the plow will work on your 716 and or 7114 the hitch is for a small frame tractor. I have the same plow, but the hitch which I use on my 7012 and 7118 don't have that separate part. That said, maybe you could use the hitch if the hitch points line up with the hitch on the tractor. Measuring would confirm that. If I am wrong, others will jump in and correct me. Rick........

PhanDad
I agree, wrong hitch. And the blade is the kind made for a FDT, but it will work fine on a RBT. You need one that looks something like this (less the spring trip weldment):

I believe all the hitch "noses" were the same design for the manually adjusted hitches. You need the long length to clear the long front frame on the 7100 series tractors.

Modifier1
Thanks guys. PhanDads picture is worth a thousand words. I can see now were lengs is an issue. I was thinking maybe i could drop the extra piece off an just mount the push bar to the front holes on the Axel. Tomorrow I will pull my blower off see how things line up but from here it looks like I will need a completely push bar ( or hitch)assembly.

Modifier1
Well I guess after playing around with this set up I can see exactly what you guys are talking about. This is a 1690037 small frame hitch and I need a 1690087 hitch. What is this small frame hitch worth or does someone need one and can trade even up if they have the large frame hitch? Or just sell the whole thing and start over. Can you put trades in the classified ads?

Blazerjeepman3
I would say a brand new blade and hitch is worth at least 200.00. When I bought mine 3 years ago I paid 100.00 for a brand new blade and hitch and that was way under what it would sell for at dealer if you could find one