Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
davidmoll

snow, trees,, and no power

davidmoll
Stuck in North Carolina working at a coal plant. Wife at home with no power, two trees across the driveway and I am losing my mind that I am not home to clean the mess. My neighbor cleared the tress last night and my wife finally got out the house today. Power company estimates Thursday night or Friday until power is back. My tractor sits idle in the garage set up for mowing grass/bagging leaves. Sorry just had to vent! I least I can use the wood for next winters heat if I can get off the road and get home. Moleman

ReedS
I hate to tell how much tree damage there here in MA. It's like war zone, there's one, maybe two trees on my property that aren't damaged. No power here either til Thurs or Friday! Going to chip up branches now!

RickS
Reed I was at my Mom's house (just outside of the 128 belt line) and we awoke to the sounds of three trees falling on her roof; and no power. The tree crew removed the trees Sunday afternoon and could not believe the roof suffered no damage. My Mom got her power back late Monday afternoon. That part of the state as I understand got less than you did. So I guess how much damage you suffered. Rick......

davidmoll
My wife just told me that two telephone polls are split/down on our street with trees hanging on them. Sounds like a repeat of the december ice storm we got a few years back. Good luck to you. Dave
quote:
Originally posted by ReedS
I hate to tell how much tree damage there here in MA. It's like war zone, there's one, maybe two trees on my property that aren't damaged. No power here either til Thurs or Friday! Going to chip up branches now!

Kent
We got 13" officially, and NationalGrid's website says we're projected to finally get our power back by 11:45 tonight... Seeing is believing, but I'll celebrate whenever it happens...

dentwizz
I was amazed how much went down here in south PA. I almost had a tree fall on my car as I went to pick up my wife from her parent's house. Not even 30 sec after I drove under it I heard a snap and looked back.

Boney
Problem out here in Western Mass with people stealing generators,,,,ugh,but most people being nice and considerate.....Reeds you highway guys are busting butt and doing nice work, heard there are electrical companies here from as far as Michigan.