Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What fits help.

Boney

This storm has brought to my attention that I should consider a more powerful tractor. Problem is I would like to keep my Johnny Bucket. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can figure out what tractors will fit this particular bucket ? Thanx for any help. I have a Sim 725.

To answer questions, I put Maynards yellow B series Johnny Bucket Jr. on a 7117. It fit and worked fine. the new owner is going to use it on a 7119. It should fit most any large frame tractor I would think. Like Reed said, just might need a different lift rod. I used a spring loaded one off a blower or plow to use it on the 7117

I took a JohnnyBucket from a Cub Cadet and, with a little reconfiguring of the hitch, made it fit on a an AC710. On your application, the lift rod may be different, and the arm may need a little modification, but that is about all that may need to be changed. It could fit with no changes at all. Not really sure. You could also install a larger engine. I have a 14Hp Kohler in my 700(61 Wards). No lack of power there.

I have the 31hp in my sovereign and with a bucket I do not see how it's any better than a 10hp would be. Really only thing that takes extra power is mower decks and snow blowers.......for the rest I see no need for the extra hp. Honestly I used my bucket for about 5hrs with the 31hp and it was a waste of fuel as I should have just used a less powerful machine. I used the bucket with the 18 command and that never even needed more power, wheels slip, bucket breaks away, or hydro lift stops lifting before motor bogs.

personally if I had a worker tractor that needed a repower and was used for everything I would put in one of those 10hp china diesels. Only way i would suggest bigger engine is for extreme snow blowing (not plowing) and big 48" deck all else just save the fuel and go diesel.

quote:
Originally posted by hotrodtractor
..... 18 command and that never even needed more power, wheels slip, bucket breaks away, or hydro lift stops lifting before motor bogs.
sounds like a useful comment... I never had much trouble with my 10Hp...deep grass mowing was a little tougher... so I had to slow down a little... : )

Thnx all for the great info, after this storm I am giving thought to a tractor with hydraulic or electric lift and a better snow blower than the collector edition {sarcasm} 3 belt blower that I have. I really like my 725 but as i get older (50) and my right arm get weaker I am looking for a simpler way and still have fun with the tractors. As for the more power I was thinking that a better Snow Blower on a tractor { currently using a Honda 928 snow blower ) with more power would move the heavy snow easier ??? If I am wrong here please let me know. I am tired of having trouble with the sticky snow we get. I use a Honda snow blower and a plow blade on the 725. The snow blower gets clogged with this sticky snow and it just fills the auger and turns into a rolling cylinder of snow. The plow blade works ok but I have a 185 ft long driveway with a turn around at the end and it piles up quickly. Wow I sorry to write a book, thnx again for the info.

I don't know about the 725, but on my B-112 I use a counter weight for the snow blower. Works great! I just mount weights on the three point hitch in the back. Just my .02 cents worth. Oz