Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

mower deck question

rokon2813

Someone posted a pic, I think Ray S, of a deck that had 2 straight bars for a carrier instead of the "normal" "U" shaped carrier. I think the picture was a restored or NOS one, it was black. Mine happens to be white. Anyone know the model of that style deck or what tractors it will fit??

This deck came with my 7013S the numbers are 0032 003261 dont know anything about it except it has adjustors set wide to clear running boards. Looks to be set up for 3400 and 7000 series. Only one I have seen like it.

That is the style, I forgot to say, I think mine is 42". I was wondering if anyone could narrow it down by style and color. Not many models came with white decks that I know of. Mine has a tag, but I could not read it. I'll have to try a couple tricks to see if I can bring up the numbers.

Mfg. No. is 1690022. Manual below. Paint is white underneath so early 700, 7000 & 5010. All that was needed to put on a 5010 is the hitch on front. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8bwM0rE3Cwa5kbp796Dq http://www.simpletractors.com/models/700_series/rotary_mowers.htm http://www.simpletractors.com/made_when/1975-1976.htm

Thanks Ray, exactly what I needed to know, and a bit more too. I have a 5010 with no deck, so thats another possibility :D:D

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
you will need the narrower front hitch. tossed one last week.
I'll figure that out later, or the new owner will :D:D

Dan, I believe all RBT 42" decks had the "straight" bar design and had the adjusters outboard further to clear the running boards. Here's a couple of craigslist ad pics of a 42" RBT:

There are many mfg # for this style deck. I believe the above is a mfg#1690252. I thought the white ones were on A/C tractors. The one I had was mfg#1690022, serial #013956 from an A/C 712H mfg#1690076. The pics I have of it are from when I replaced the rotted shell:

A close cross to a Simplicity deck is mfg#1690106. The A/C had "L" shaped bracket to hold the front rocker arm vs the Simplicity FDT bracket shown in the above pic (the shell was FDT vintage). The A/C bracket is laying to the right in the pic.

I know the "white decks" were on the 1975-77 Simplicity 5000 & 7000 series Tractors. See them on SimpleTractors; simplicity/new in 1975 page... I thought the "narrow carriers" were more common, I have at least 5 of them and only my 48" deck has the U-shape..?

The 3400 and maybe early 700 series had 42" decks with bails. Mfg. No. 990885. The bail is wider than on the B series 42" to get past the running boards. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8arL0rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq