Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rsachs

1920H w/ 26-12-12 tires and 48"deck puzzle

rsachs
Okay I just bought a 48" deck for my 1920H to use in place of the 60" deck. I installed the deck last night and discovered a puzzle problem. My 1920 has the factory option 26-12-12 rear tires. The deck height adjusters for the roller bar are right in front of the rear tires and when the deck is set to the highest cut, the tires just touch the rear of the adjustment group. I have not yet measured to see if the blades are level, but they look okay at a glance. Has anyone else used this combination of tires and deck successfully? I'm thinking there is some adjustment I can make to get the needed clearance, but can't find it in the manual. There is a note about the 60" deck and the bigger tires in the manual, but nothing on the 48" deck.

rsachs
I just found a couple of posts in the archives that describe my problem. I guess I need to replace my tires sooner than I thoughtB) It looks like the HD Field Trax 26-12-12 will give the needed clearance mounted on the rims I have now. Mounted they are only 24" tall.