Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dentwizz

Snowblower hitch

dentwizz
Can somebody show me how the linkage in the 42" single belt blower is supposed to look. I can't seem to find it in the parts book(unless I am not reading it right from paper to real item).

dentwizz
Correction... I managed to find the number in the pdfs 1690032 but it doesn't show much for linkage operation. Is this unit supposed to be controled from the pto cone on the later models with the hitch constant tension?

Michiganmobileman
What tractor are you putting it on? On my AC919 I have a long belt to cone clutch, I dont remember the hitch having any sort of spring on it just the routing of the belt back to the tension lever and cone clutch.

RayS
The 1690032 blower will fit pretty much every tractor with the correct hitch. The FDT blowers used a 5" pulley on the blower. The one you have should be 7". That blower came out during the production of the 700 - 7000 series. The 700 - 7000 series hitch had a tension spring with two pulleys and ran off of the engine. Do you have a picture of the hitch?

dentwizz
It occurred to me while I was fabbing rods for the rotator and lift, why not use an electric PTO clutch to drive it. Then it will essentially reproduce what it would have been made for with a slightly modern twist:D Thoughts?

Talntedmrgreen
I put an electric clutch on a 101, repowered with a 16 Briggs, and that was one SWEET snowthrowin machine. I never added an electric rotator, but the buddy I sold it to may. Widh I had kept that one....

dentwizz
I think that's what I'll do then. No modding needed, just a little wiring and hunting for a cheap deal. The rest is ready to go once I get that. At least its warm here for now...