Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kwik-Way loader

ridgerunner

Does anyone have any input or insight with the Kwik-Way hydraulic loaders? Good,bad or otherwise. I bought one today for my BigTen. It gets delivered here tomorrow. Just woundering what others thought about them.

I never knew what my loader was till I recently saw a good pic of a Quik-Way here recently. It is heavier and more heavy duty than the Johnsons. I think it has a slightly larger bucket capacity. also goes a little higher I think. Mine has a smaller pump than stock so I can't compare in that direction, mine is slow, but will handle more weight than the tractor I have it on. My 2 complaints, I think it should have more back curl when its all the way down. It comes back just past level, ie; it only brings the front of the bucket up a couple inches above the rear. the controls are on the left, most every thing hydraulic, loaders, forklifts, etc the controls are on the right. Hard to get used to but works fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I got the loader home. It's in pretty nice shape. He told me that it's never been left out in the weather, and always stored in his barn. It came with a rear weight box, quick attach sub-frame and tire chains.

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
And is that a cushman truckster pulling the trailer? Nice bucket. ;)
It's a 36volt Taylor-Dunn B210 shop cart. Factory Payload is 2,500# and pull capacity is 10,000#. I use it to push/pull cars and trailers into the barns. It came from the factory with a FORD 9" rear axle with 3.00 gears. I replaced them, and installed 6.88 gears and ditched the spider gears and put in a spool at the same time for better traction. With the new gears and spool I pulled a trailer around 15,000# down the driveway, no problem.

Yeah, I was curious what it was on when I saw it listed...sure was a steal. If I wasn't still takin my licks from the loader I just redid, you might have missed out on that one =] Great grab, and neat toys! Nice to see another local collector too!

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Yeah, sure was a steal. If I wasn't still takin my licks from the loader I just redid, you might have missed out on that one =] Great grab. Nice to see another local collector too!
I was the first one that called on it. He said in the first hour, he had over 25 calls on it, before he deleted the ad. It was just good timing on my part. He was located on the north side of town, so it only took me about 15 minutes to get there. On a side note...I pass through Wayland, when I go over to Hastings to visit the inlaws.

Hard to tell from the pics, at least for this novice, but it looks like it may be a self-leveling loader. If so, that makes it a lot easier to use than the Henry loaders that were sold by the dealers for these tractors... Nice score, in great condition! Please share your pics of the subframe, once you get it figured out and mounted!

Kent, it appears identical to mine other than the mount. Mine is not self leveling. In fact, with a FULL bucket of mulch, tilted all the way back, you can raise it high enough to dump some over the top of the bucket onto the driver:O:O

quote:
Originally posted by ridgerunner
quote:
Yeah, sure was a steal. If I wasn't still takin my licks from the loader I just redid, you might have missed out on that one =] Great grab. Nice to see another local collector too!
I was the first one that called on it. He said in the first hour, he had over 25 calls on it, before he deleted the ad. It was just good timing on my part. He was located on the north side of town, so it only took me about 15 minutes to get there. On a side note...I pass through Wayland, when I go over to Hastings to visit the inlaws.
No kidding...I'm over in Hastings all the time, and have a buddy up in Freeport that I've gotten into the hobby in the last year. I actually kept checking the ad, and it was up for two days before craigslist showed it as deleted. I figured at that price it would be gone in the hour...was suprised the ad was up that long, but it was probably an oversight. That will look real good on a Big Ten. I would think the subframe would be purdy simple, and that rig will be a super worker. If I were in your shoes, I'd be building a set of forks for it while I have the welder and steel cutting tools handy. :D Feel free to bring it along with you sometime when you plan to visit the inlaws. Spring would be best, when I'm ready for some landscaping help }:) I was curius too, and maybe someone in the group has done this...anyone ever fab a dozer as a clamp on for the bucket or maybe a version that pinned into the loader arms? I figured such a setup might be handy for keeping those piles pushed up and over, and might make a loader a more effective tool for snow duty.

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Hard to tell from the pics, at least for this novice, but it looks like it may be a self-leveling loader. If so, that makes it a lot easier to use than the Henry loaders that were sold by the dealers for these tractors...
This one's just a standard loader. Self-leveling would have been an added bonus. I have a AC B-10 that has a self leveling bucket loader on it. They do work nice.

quote:
Kent, it appears identical to mine other than the mount. Mine is not self leveling. In fact, with a FULL bucket of mulch, tilted all the way back, you can raise it high enough to dump some over the top of the bucket onto the driver:O:O
rokon, Does your loader have the 5" to 6" flange welded to the top of the bucket, like mine does in the pictures above? The flange is there from the factory, but looks like an engineering after thought. Maybe they added that design change on later production runs, after complaints from dirty operators, to combat the problem of spilling over the back/top of the bucket when placed at full height and tilt?

quote:
I think were all due for some pics of your B-10!
Ask and ya shall receive..... Here's the BigTen that the new loader is going to mount on. My first AC tractor that I ever bought. Tractors come and go, but this is the one that I'll alway hang onto It's been sitting in the barn in the same place for about three years now. Right now I have the winter tires/chains on it, but I have the factory duals for it also.

Here's the B-10 with the self-leveling bucket loader. I also have a pair of forks that attach to the bucket, to move things around with. You can see the forks sitting in the bucket, in the pictures. It's not the prettiest tractor, so it's not afraid to get dirty. More of an old work-horse, I'd say.

quote:
Originally posted by ridgerunner
quote:
rokon, Does your loader have the 5" to 6" flange welded to the top of the bucket, like mine does in the pictures above? The flange is there from the factory, but looks like an engineering after thought. Maybe they added that design change on later production runs, after complaints from dirty operators, to combat the problem of spilling over the back/top of the bucket when placed at full height and tilt?
Yes it does have that. Mine is bent up just a bit more I think, with 4 flat stock braces welded to it for added strength. (good places to hook a chain) :D

Well, those are a couple nice rigs! Thanks! I dont get over to the coast much since moving away from Jenison down here to the lake, but with all the toys you have, I could certainly be tempted =]

quote:
Well, those are a couple nice rigs! Thanks! I dont get over to the coast much since moving away from Jenison down here to the lake, but with all the toys you have, I could certainly be tempted =]
Yeah, you can stop by anytime, it's nice to meet others that are into the hobby. I'm always up to shoot some BS. I'll PM you my number, so if your ever this way, give me a call. I was just over to Wayland yesterday afternoon (spur of the moment craigslist find) to buy a front plow for my little International 184.