Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bgosh

B10,Big10

rokon2813
B 10 (early) would have a 9 hp 23D engine. Big Ten should have a 10 hp model 243431. Any stickers at all? Hood stripes would also help. Early B 10 and Big Tens came with yellow rear ends, Late B 10 was black. early B10 should have had a round emblem on the grill, the other 2 were square. Big Ten had a yellow dash panel, the other 2 were white. Early and Big Tens had yellow engines, Late B 10 was black There may be other minor differences, but I would have to see a couple side by side to compare. So to make it easy, check the engine. If its black, its a late B 10. If its yellow, check the numbers. Model 23 would be Early B 10 and 243431 would be Big Ten :D:D And all that depends on if its all original or not. :O:O:O And if it has no stickers at all, is it a B12?}:) Clear as mud sm00

dentwizz
The easy check for the engine would be if it has the larger carb or the small round two piece lower that resembles a plumbing trap:p Some tracs I've dealt with swapped the sheet metal of the engine to hide the fact of a block switch, but the carbs usually stay with thier respective block.

dav
my Big Ten was yellow all over, until a previous owner brush painted it orange. almost looks to have been the pale yellow, B1 color once and then the later B12 yellow before the orange.stickers are still there and ID tag. had a 23d-tag riveted to front cooling shroud- but now has rebuilt 243431. dash was yellow. if i ever actually get to restoring it, it will go to the pale yellow