Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help 725 carb linkage

john-holcomb

Help, Help Help. There is a small rod that goes from the throttle cable down to the governer arm and I broke mine. I can't find it in a manual I have and I need to buy a new one. Any help with a part number or part or anything. Please. John

If you have the pieces in front of you, I would get a bike spoke and pliers and make it. Cheaper and the bike spokes are often stainless;) Thats what I do for all of mine.

Thanks Ray, I would just make the part but it is threaded on the top end and while I have alot of small thread die I doubt I have this one and I know its too small for threading on my 18 inch swing lathe. John

I use metal coat hangers to make governor rods. Haven't had a problem yet. I don't usually worry about the threaded part on top, that is just a carry over from a stationary engine setup and is not really required. Idle can be set with the idle screw and WOT can be set with a cable adjustment. I have one setup that I made completely from scratch and it doesn't look anything like the factory setup. It doesn't even have the vertical rod on it. There are many different ways to set things up and still have them work correctly.