Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Beaver tractor old

I happened upon an old tractor made by beaver,3.2 koler,Byrd trans. Can anyone tell me how old and the maker? I'm going to take it anyway, just because its old and odd. thanks jimq

Hey there, Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. There is a club on Yahoo that deals with just the type of tractor you are talking about. You will probably be able to get a lot of information there. Here is the address: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/beavergardentractorsclub They have a lot of pictures and you can ask them how to date the tractor and find out a lot more about it. I think they were related or somehow connected with Economy tractors but I am not sure about that. Also, here is a link to a discussion of the old Beaver tractors on yesterdays tractors. http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/orphans/messages/5988.html Good luck and enjoy your "new" find! Clayton Dymond

The county John Deere Dealer has something called a Satoh(not sure of the spelling) Beaver that they took in on trade. It is a lt bue and white or gray unit. This one is diesel with a 3pt hitch , rear spline PTO and a 60" deck. Looks like something out of the 70's. Never seen or heard of it before.

Sometime last spring I saw a beaver in the Jd shop for repair in Fairbanks, think about what Sam saw, then a week ar so latter I saw one in Palmer at a farm dealer and was able to inquire about it. Believe the man said they were Jap made in the 70's by Mistb. and pretty stout ole tractors. Pretty sure all 4 wheel drive compact tractors are made over there today. MPH