Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will Tiller Fit

bowhunt4life

I have a early 32" Tiller with the two pulley mule drive and need to know if it is compatible with a Allis 912/Simplicity 7012? Thanks, Chris

never tried it, but the older tillers need the 3" BGB pulley and the bracket to attach the PTO drive rod on. not sure if it would work with a clone clutch style.

The speed would be way to slow I think. There is quite a bit archived on this subject. Gear sizes in the tiller and the BGB pulley along with the PTO at the rear slows it down alot.

Thanks Ray. I did a search but couldn't quite find the answer I was looking for. I'm not even sure if there is the post to slide the mule drive onto the rear lift on the 912.

cone clutch pulley is larger than 3 1/2, so it should run faster. It should work, but might be too fast and pulverize the soil. I have tried running my tiller with the 5"? deck drive pulley, even just above an idle it made dust. The 912 should have the post for the pulley set, as long as it has a rear lift.

If you keep the PTO clutch from the tiller always enggaged and run tiller with cone clutch, I think you'll get the belt clearance you need. You might need a belt also of your own sizing.

I had a post a while back and someone said they were running a 32 inch tiller on a cone clutch tractor. For sure, you don't want to run more than about 1/2 throttle when driving that tiller off the 5 inch cone clutch, since the tiller will be running 1.43 times the speed that it would have run on a FDT with a 3.5 inch pulley. Found it! Check out the following post: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=116795