Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tillers

bgosh

What is the best way is there to get your tiller off?I am talking about that 1in.shaft out of the lift without breaking your back.Any help with this will be really appreciated.Stan

I take the belt off first, then the lower pins, then lower the tiller to the ground. After that it should just slide out with a little help.

Yup, Like Dan said. I leave my Hydrolift in the float position when attaching and removing implements. I still have enough manly muscle to lift my attachments into my dump cart or wheelbarrow if I want to move them around the yard.;);)

first time i used a hammer, several prybars, and all those foreign words i learned in the Army to get the tiller out of the lift. a file in a drill cleaned up the lift and a touch with the grinder did for the 1" rod. a light coating of grease finished the job. (just enough grease to make the rod slide without making a mess of everything) now i either put a pin through the hole in the lift and the rod, or just in the lift so the rod bottoms out against it. this keeps the rod from going so deep in the lift that it jams and keeps it from moving so the belt stays tight.

Like the guys said...the 1st part off is the belt, then I pull the the 2 hitch pins then pull out the lift pin then the rod out with the lift down or in float. It should slide out easily... if not clean it up with a long strip of emery cloth. If you take it back down to a clean surface it shouldn't bind...^

Mine was conditioned as mentioned above and can be done now with one hand. Lifting and moving it if needed, in storage is another matter, but mounting and dismounting is simple. Took me two tilling seasons to catch on though...