Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2000 sovereign & plowblade

maxwood

Hello, after finding a simplicity snow blade on C-list, I went to pick it up. The owner had a 2000 sovereign with a blown motor,18 hp I think?It looked complete but the weeds were grown up around it. The question is will the parts from this fit my early 80s 7119 (169 0638)? I am in need of steering parts, and the 2000 has the rear lift hitch. Without driving It, it might be a crap shoot as to whether the hydraulics or trans is working. The seller is asking $300 as a parts machine Ken in Mi

Thanks for all the replies, I bought the plow for $100 ,and am trying to decide what I should do? Buy it and have it for parts, or possibly repower with a vanguard The seller also has a tiller for sale. What are used tillers selling for ? He is kind of remembering he paid over $7000 for the tractor, plow & tiller in 2000 Ken in Mi

A good 36" tiller will bring $150-$400 depending on where you are in the US and the time of year. It must be complete with the tiller drive idler pulleys. The 36" tiller sells new for I think $1500 or so.

I don't think you could go too wrong. I bought the same tractor for $100 with a blown triad 18. I'm really happy with it after putting a kohler magnum 18 in it. And I wouldn't worry too much about the hydro. The fluid in mine was horrible looking brown crap and I just changed it and the filter. Works great now!

I went to pickup the Sovereign today (1693409). Got it for $200 the motor was in a box ,No mower deck. Owner said It was making a racket when he turned it off two years ago. It does have power steering ! I will be looking to repower this tractor, Any suggestions ? I saw small engine warehouse has a repower kit for about $1400 using the 18 hp vanguard Thanks for all the input! Ken in Mi

You stole that tractor. It's a little more $$$ than the Vanguard you mention, but it'll be a great tractor with the stock earlier Command engine in it: http://www.kohler-engine-parts.opeengines.com/full-line-of-kohler-engines/command-ch-cv-series-11-to-40-hp/horizontal-twin-cylinder-ch-18-to-40-hp/ch18-18hp/18hp-kohler-command-engine-ch18s-simplicity-soverign-62513 I believe the shipping is included in the $1597 price. It's pretty much a "drop in" install job except for the driveshaft. The economy must be getting better - a few months ago that engine could be had for $150 cheaper. And if you want to see how the new tractor runs, you could always swap in the KT-19. Assuming there are holes in the frame for that engine, it also would be a drop in, driveshaft included. You'd only have to swap out the ignition switch since the KT-19 is battery ignition and the Kohler in the new tractor (probably a OHC 18 HP) was a magneto ignition.

You can also install 16hp cast iron briggs. They are pretty easy to find as well. The front holes are in the frame for oil pan but you would need to drill the back two.

This was $200.00 cheaper in the spring, but still a desent price. http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/shop/html/pages/products/kohler_horizontal_engines1089.html

• 2 weeks later...
guy on CL milwaukee has a 20 kohler that came out of a 7117 with 47 hours for $800 with muffler, wires, etc. Wish I needed one right now that is a deal!!! And worth the shipping or drive for you.

quote:
Originally posted by maxwood
Here is a Photo of the 2000 sovereign (1693409
[img]/club2/attach/maxwood/img_0195.jpg[/img]
you can look in my gallery Thanks Ken in Mi
I think I found the problem of you picture posting. Edit it again and upload your picture as this "0195.jpg". If this does the trick PM me and I will delete your old picture. Symbols will cause the picture not to display.

If this is the tractor you picked up it doesn`t have power steering in the picture.

Here is mine with power steering. The 1693409 is non power steering according to the manual. It is still a good buy at $200 dollars. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEDGP_dsI8tG5EPl7mRgtLvBCd6

Yeah ! That's it, After looking closer ,It does not have power steering. It does have Moss growing on the seat! I will wait till spring to repower it! It had been sitting outside 2-3years so the pulleys are a little rusty. Thank's Ken in Mi