Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Winter Fleet of One

JohnMBerst

Well my 6216 worked well last year. However I like to tweak each year, hoping to improve each. Since last year was my first with a cab, great joy, thought of a few items. This year I was able to: Add LED lights to the flashing LED from last year.

Added switched for the LED and cab fan.

Raised the cab about 1/2" for better clearance from rear tires.

Added helper springs to the blower, for the Armstrong lift.

Added a bit of carpeting to the running boards to help seal the bottom gap between the doors and tractor. So hope I'm ready to go.
[img]/club2/attach/JohnMBerst/6216.JPG[/img]
:)

Drift cutter are more for strength of the two sides, as I tend to do about 4-5 older peoples drives and walks. Not knowing all that is under the snow, I tend to hit things...LOL..:I

No, more of a home grown / government thing. But wanted them to match the front curve of the blower and help strengthen were the shoe mounts. Painted black because did not have orange paint at the time, might look to repaint when I redo the blower.

Looks like you are all set and ready to godOd. That cab seems to be in real good condition, wish mine looked that good.

Thanks for the good words! Have enjoyed the time working on this and being able to see improvement and the end product. Over the few years I have been a member here, have found many good ideas and projects. Hope it holds up even better than last year.

Have toyed with the idea, and might add that to next years project. But since the handle is close to the Armstrong lift, and with the bleach bottle chute bearing, turning is easy and rather fast. NOT as cool as a switch mind you, but inside the cab and works for now, see photo.

Perhaps when I start you can help apply your many talents Bob? :I

quote:
Originally posted by JohnMBerst
Have toyed with the idea, and might add that to next years project. But since the handle is close to the Armstrong lift, and with the bleach bottle chute bearing, turning is easy and rather fast. NOT as cool as a switch mind you, but inside the cab and works for now, see photo. Perhaps when I start you can help apply your many talents Bob? :I
John first of all you need about 7" clearance between spout and grill with the blower in the raised position. Then you need a GM window motor in the 1996-99 Model year similar to the attached. http://www.dormanproducts.com/catalog/WindowLiftMotors.pdf I got mine from the bone yard so I got the two wire connector and pigtail to run it. Then a 7/8" 12 pt X 3/8" sq dr socket. You can take that to the bone yard and slip It over the motor gear to check it for fit. It shoulde\ be snug. That's you driving member. A spare tie 13/6" lug wrench. You cut the ends off and use it as a take up shaft. Three 1-1/2 " X 5/16" spacers. A mounting brkt, dimensions to be determined. A Gardner Bender GSW 123 DPDT switch spring loaded center off. A piece of conduit for a brace. And when you get done, it should look like the one I did. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/BLT/Rortaor2.jpg

Thanks Bob. Will start to gather the parts for my next project. Saved the photo as reference. As to the quality, yes that's what I do, but try to think first. Too often I see Fire, Ready, Aim,.... as the pecking order. Then we get to do it all over again....LOL :o)

quote:
Originally posted by JohnMBerst
Thanks Bob. Will start to gather the parts for my next project. Saved the photo as reference. As to the quality, yes that's what I do, but try to think first. Too often I see Fire, Ready, Aim,.... as the pecking order. Then we get to do it all over again....LOL :o)
All I need now is a top view between grill and blower to see what holes are available in in belt tunnel.8D

Fire, Ready, Aim. Kinda like: Work harder, not smarter??sm00 When all else fails, read the directions??sm00sm00 When all else fails,,,, fire the designer.sm00sm00sm00 I kinda remember when my dad had a 4111, the rotator lever would move up and down in the slot of the cab. Did you simply move the support position to the eye bolt there in the cab?

Yes I just removed from the original lower pivot point (with the "U" fastener), as kind of shown in photo 3, Used an extender (painted black in photo) and the eye bolt as the new upper support. Then when raising the blower, the handle does not slide in the slot, and stays in one position. Works rather well, and always in the same area close to the Armstrong lift.

And yes to the when all else fails......sm00

Your 6216 looks a lot better than mine. My 36 inch snow thrower needs some work to be ready for winter. Work is planned for Thanks giving weekend when I convert my tractor from mowing/leaf pickup to snowthrower. Last wekend my mowing deck support mount bolts pulled right through the deck. Band aid fix planned today with large washer until season is over.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Jac
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts