Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor Talk Acronyms

Steve72

Is there anywhere on this site where a "newbie" can get a ref. for all the acronyms used? FDT and such...? I would like to become more familiar with the different models and attachments and I love reading ALL the posts but miss some things since I am not a "texter" or face book guy...LOL--laugh out loud??

I don't know of any clearing place on the site, someone else may know, but I have in the past done a search and found the answer to that exact question. For instance, fdt is a foot dragging tractor where as an rbt is a running board tractor.

FDT Foot dragging tractor RBT Running board tractor PO Previous owner BGB Bevel gear box These are a few, quick off the top of my head, I know there are more but they do not come to mind at the moment.

I was lost at first too...no worries! RER = Rear Engine Rider SG or S/G = Starter Generator MIL = Mother In Law (just kidding around...we don't mention those here)

We once had Roy on the boards. He passed away recently, god bless his soul. He referred to his wife as "OWHN". Now Roy was an amazing individual with nothing bad to say about anyone and an awesome sense of humor to boot. His widow, Fay, was and still is a good sport. Newbies would read Roy's posts and periodically chime in and say, "What's "OWHN"?" (myself included) Roy would answer in the nicest possible way, "Ole what's her name". We miss ol' Roy.

Here's a few more :O FWIW for what its worth JMO just my opinion IMHO In my honest opinion OWMBO one who must be obeyed LOL laughing out loud ROFL rolling on floor laughing I know a bunch more from way back before emoticons, but they aren't used much anymore. Anyone else remember IRC and MIRC ???

Tim, My wife got an email not long ago from Fay Pope. After Roy died, she cancelled the old email address and got her own. Her username is actually OWHN now.

OEM- original equipment manufacturer NOS= new old stock CID= cubic inch displacement FSBO= for sale by owner PO= previous owner IN= Indiana...sm01

TDC = Top dead center I wondered for a long time also. Figured most of them out through the context of the comments. The others I asked my teenagers. They get a good laugh.8)