Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Center PTO interchangeable?

MPH

Seeing how the wheels are about to split in half on my ole jd push mower, bought used in 85, decided I best mount the 42 inch on the B112 last nite. since the center PTO was hanging on it when I first bought it home it never crossed my simple mind it may not all be there ready to use. I also have one for a b10 that does not apear to be complete, so that blue landlord in Fairbanks MUST need to come home when I go up Friday. Question is, will the PTO from it fit and work on my B112? How does the pin it all hang on stay in place with only one cotter? One I have looks the same as the one in the manual, trouble with manuals is they never show me this stuff attached or put together.. I.ve seen belt lengths posted and I even wrote them dowm once but couldn't come up with either last nite...Help....Thanks MPH

Martin, I believe your problem would qualify as a reason to get another tractor. "I need it for PTO parts" To answer your question about the cotter pin,it goes between the swinging part and the stationary mount. Will the PTO change from one model to another?I am not sure.My older tractors look the same(pre B-210 ),but I never tried to switch PTO parts.Possibly some of the other members can help you on this. As to belts,I would start with the belt sizes listed in the belt reference section,PTO belt for B-112 and cross drive for the 42" deck.This should put you close.If you are a long way from the belt store,it might be wise to buy some other sizes(+ and - 1")and return the excess. Good Luck, Jim

I'm currently running a complete PTO assembly off a 61 simp 700 (A/C B1) on my 69 B110. I would call it an exact match. Been on there several years with no problem. Had the parts tractor and decided to swap it in when the original B-110 unit got very worn. I have a 70 B210 parts tractor that has a smaller size pulleys on PTO. I believe anything from 59-69 should be the same if original based on what I had over the years.