Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
HubbardRA

Another "What's it Worth?" question

HubbardRA
I checked with Jacks online and the part comes up NLA by using the number listed in my manual. The number listed on the tag on the muffler comes up as a muffler for a Regent. When I look that up, it is not the same as the one I got, since the Regent muffler has its inlet on the side not the end. The Regent muffler is priced at $77. So here is the question: what is a Nelson muffler for a single cylinder, 7000 series Simplicity worth? I picked up this one up at a junk shop yesterday for $5. This one is identical to one I already had from an AC 712. I think I stole it, what is everyone's opinion?

BLT
From my 2006 price book, 170456 USE 1685505 ............... $91.29. At Jack's $121.75. Their usage I would guess is less then 100 a year v/s the 4-5000 they probably bought when the tractors were being built.

HubbardRA
Well folks, I will not be selling this muffler. It will eventually go on one of my tractors. I never planned to sell the muffler, just wanted to know how good a deal I got. Good thing that I had my eyes open when walking through that store. It was laying on a shelf with the plumbing fixtures.

Chris727
$5 doesn't buy much these days,and you can't have a part shipped for much less than that so pretty much anything is a steal at $5. Sorry to see they are over $100 now:(! If they were $50 I might buy two.