Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
perry

Allis 914 snow blower

perry
i got to looking at the 36" blower today and was wondering how it hooks up to my Allis 914 ?. did not mount it yet, but the belt looks to run all the way back to the center PTO?. that seems like alot of belt with nothing inbetween. any belt guides ?. also when i look up the model # 1690169 on the snow blower it comes up for 4-5-6000 series tractors.

PhanDad
The snowblower head should be the same as that used on the Sovereigns. The hitch that originally came with that model snowblower won't work for your 914. It's needs the single pulley hitch, hopefully the PO already set it up for a Sovereign. It is driven by the cone clutch on the BGB. If it wasn't already converted, you'll need the single pulley hitch. You'll also need to move the mounting bracket from inside the snowblower mounting "tunnel" to outside and turn the driven pulley around so the hub is away from the drive chain. If you don't reverse the pulley, the belt alignment will be way off. See this operators manual for the Sovereign setup with single pulley hitch: http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8cqHZrE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

Michiganmobileman
I do have both hitches and can mount mine on the AC919 or Simp 7016. That is a long belt, no guides between, mine ran two seasons with no issues. Have used the 7016 last few years though figure that belt is cheaper if it breaks, but have the other as a back up.

PhanDad
That's the single pulley hitch you need. I can see 1 belt guide on the pulley on the hitch. You should have another one (it's identical to the one on the hitch) that you install on the cone clutch idler pulley. You also need to move that idler pulley to the lower tab. It's all shown in the operators manual I linked above. As to reversing the driven pulley on the snowblower head, I'm not sure if it was done already. I'm thinking not based on the angle the belt is at in the pics, it looks too "angled", but maybe the belt isn't in the pulley.

perry
quote:
Originally posted by PhanDad
As to reversing the driven pulley on the snowblower head, I'm not sure if it was done already. I'm thinking not based on the angle the belt is at in the pics, it looks too "angled", but maybe the belt isn't in the pulley.
ill have to check that. thanks