Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-110 mower deck puzzling question

ASEguy

I restored my B-110 this past summer which was a year long project. Rebuilt the engine, carb and completely disassembled everything and painted the parts individually. I have two questions about the deck. 1) Why did Allis Chalmers put two rollers on a shaft under the deck? Mine is so twisted it's useless. and 2) what is the height difference between the long shaft rollers and this two roller set-up. Ok actually 3 questions. Anyone got any pictures of this assembly? Thank you for your time. Gerard

Thank you for your quick replies. I appreciate your time. Thanks for the link Perry. Am I correct in assuming the nuts on the studs which go through the left and right side roller brackets are suppose to be loose to allow the deck to "float" up in the bracket slots when needed and resume normal cutting when allowed? And are the rollers for the anti scalp function supposed to be the same height as the long bar rollers? I will need to make new baffles because mine are badly damaged. Thank you. Gerard

Baffle is still available new. I may have a used one. The deck floats on the front axle. The back are deck height adjusters. The rollers under deck sit up higher than the roller bar.