Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs Carb

Modifier1

I bought a carb kit #391071 for a #391065 carb on a 7114S Simplicity and before I opened the bag I noticed that the fuel nozzle in the kit is about 1 1/4 in longer that the one I pulled out. Part # 8 on the main body. Is this an updated part or do I have the wrong kit? Carb kit is from NAPA their # is 7-02059

Yes I pulled it out first. The inside of the carb looked like it had been sitting for a long time. Took the dremel and cleaned out the bowl and bore. New throttle shaft and stop and bushings. The nozzle did not look broken when i pulled it. It has 4 nubs on the end, looked like factory. That's why I checking with you guys. I will put her together and we will see how it goes. Thanks

OK one more ? As i am looking at this the old needle and seat is different. The needle was just sitting in a hole, no removable seat. Its just flat around the needle. Could someone have broken the seat and just filed it flat? No slot to unscreww the seat to install a new one. Or did some of these come like that?

The pix of your kit does not show the same parts that I find in all my 10-13-16 hp briggs engines/carbs. review this thread for most of the carb details. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=115434 Then you can see if you have an early or late carb and get the right kit, though you might have enough bits to put yours together. The screw in seat does not seem right for any of my carbs. half of mine are brass/viton needle on brass seat and the other half are aluminum needle on rubber insert seat. I am going to convert all mine eventually to the viton type since alcohol fuel kills the rubber seats.

Looks clean, I rechecked just to make sure, clean as a whistle. I think the PO put some wrong parts in it a long time ago. If I have time Friday I will put the throttle bushings in anr put this thing together. Have a Good Veterans Day and thanks to all the Vets out there. Larry