Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow blower shoot motor

cojo92

I think any 12v motor will work if it has gear reduction (to turn slower and with enough torque) To change direction on a 2 wire 12v motor you will need a "DPDT Reversing Switch" with "momentary & center off feature" (which means: push it one way it goes forward, let go it stops, push it the other way it goes reverse..."momentary-center off means its spring loaded with center as off position") If you Google "DPDT Reversing Switches" youll find alot...I just bought 1 for $10 for the spout rotator I'm building... Good Luck...sm01

The OEM switches for power windows, etc. are fine but I like the ones that mount in a small hole, like in the dash or on a panel you can make in your snow cab if so equipped...If you get one at a retail store make sure you get one that handles the amp load.

Hmmm. I'm in the process of parting out a Volvo wagon preparatory to sending to the junkyard, and you all are giving me ideas about more stuff to pile up in the garage rathole. Should I plan on pulling out one or more of the window motors? The seat adjustment motors? Switches and relays, natch if I pull any of the motors. What else, for future off-label use?

Switches are gold in a car. I just priced a set of power window switches for a Pontiac Trans-sport van for someone. $100-300 for driver side alone:O...used.

LIST ON E-BAY: ALL MOTORS AND SWITCHES AS SAID ABOVE TAILIGHT ASSY ARE PREMO IF IN DEMAND ie;not a Yugo AIRBAGS...be CAREFUL! RADIATOR COOLING FANS & THERMOSTATIC SWITCH INTAKE w/SENSORS...MASS & MAP SENSORS I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A POWER SEAT ACTUATOR TO RIG-UP SOMETHING THERES AN OLD SAYING THAT APPLIES TO OLD CARS & TRACTORS TOO: THE WHOLE DOES NOT EQUAL THE SUM OF ITS PARTS (worth more parted out than whole...) sm01

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if you have a two wire or one wire setup, but you might find a switch similar to this takes up less space. Just a thought. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&rlz=1W1IRFD_en&q=gardner+bender+gsw+123&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1080&bih=659&wrapid=tlif132188957220310&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8398748895534433855&sa=X&ei=L2_KTsyfAuew2wWNp-zNDw&ved=0CDgQ8wIwAg#