Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3416H Wiring Harness

tjwilliams

RayS, thanks for the help with the linkage!!!!! Now the next challenge is the wiring harness. As I said earlier this tractor had caught on fire prior to being torn down and the wiring harness was destroyed. I have a schematic from the owners manual but the download is a little fuzzy and it doesn't have wire sizes. Does anyone have a parts list or something that identifies wire size and type of connectors needed? Thanks, Tim

hello I am looking at a wire harness that I am rebuilding and most look like 12 or 14 gauge the ones that goto my amp guage look like 10 gauge

I would say that most if not all of your wiring can be accomplished with 12 or 14 ga wire. I prefer solder-less crimp style terminals with heat shrink insulation, the exception here is at the ignition switch as these are more of an oem style connector which you may be able to match with something from Napa etc but if possible I'd likely save what's there and splice in new wiring 3 or 4 inches from the switch matching the oem colors as close as possible so you can always go back to it and know what the wiring is. Most of your terminals will be ring, fork, or spade.