Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Boney

725 Blower Q

Boney
Has anyone ever put a snowblower unit on a 725 that is not a 3-belt blower ? I have a 3 belt blower and am not a big fan of the on/off lever being at the blower. Are all blower units like this ? Thnx for any comments.

rokon2813
The 3 belt blower is just the "proper" era for the 725. The 3 belt system was the early adaptation to mount a walk behind blower to the first riding tractor models. Most any Foot dragger blower should work fine. You will just need a pulley for the engine, since with the 3 belt system, the pulley is part of the system and usually comes with it. The hitch for a newer blower will work on the 725 front axle. Without looking at a 725, I'm not sure where you would mount the engagement lever bracket, but it only needs one bolt so somewhere there should be one, or you could drill one hole. I'm sure someone here has one, hopefully they will post a picture....

toomanytractors
I used a 3 belt blower for years and never had a problem. Guys worry about belts slipping and burning belts when it plugged. The answer to the first problem is to run it a few minutes when you put it on the tractor, shut it down and tighten the belts like banjo strings. The best solution I found for the plugging problem was to yank the throttle down and shut the key off.

larry8200
I have a 3 belt I run on my BIG TEN and love it, good belts, clean pulleys and keeping the belts adjusted properly is the key for me. As rokon said any blower with a fdt hitch will work, the 3 belt has its own pulley though.

MPH
It was back before I found this site but the winter after I scored the B-112 in just above junk condition I figured out it was made a lot like my 725 and I mounted a single belt 36 in blower I got with the 112 on it. Don't recall what i made up for the clutch handle The 7hp was a little under powered but it did blow snow for 2 years..