Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dentwizz

Blower hitch compatibility?

dentwizz
My dad wants a blower on his 2210 but he wants it to be the smaller size(since the 42" that I have won't fit his sidewalk) and there seems to be a lot of Broadmoor class units around. Would an FDT large frame hitch fit the mount holes of a Broadmoor blower? If so it would be nice and cheap to pair it together.

rokon2813
I don't know much about the small frame tractor stuff, but I thought the tunnel was narrower. I could be wrong. There should be plenty of 36" blowers around for the large frames though. Or maybe not since I have 5 or 6 for sale. ;);) Really, there should be some around.

TomSchmit
No, the Broadmoor unit (which is 27" or 32") is narrower at the hitch connection. Hitch points are about 10.5" for the large frames, and just a few inches smaller for the Broadmoor. However, I think it would be a very simple modification to make it work! There are 36" inch size blowers that were made for the 4000/5000/ 6000 series (according to the site's "What Fits?" section). I have nver had one of those tractors, and I could not tell you what the normal hitch separation is for them. Tom

rokon2813
quote:
Originally posted by dentwizz
The trick is the 36"(for that matter 42") units are pretty sparse in the Philla Pa region seemingly. Broadmoor 32" are a dime a dozen.
LOL, how bout I bring you 3 or 4 and you sell them down there. I can't seem to give away a 36" up here in western NY. Everyone wants 42" or bigger up here. LOL

PhanDad
Here's a $100 older style single belt Allis snowblower with FDT hitch and drift cutters in New Egypt,NJ: http://cnj.craigslist.org/grd/2696864988.html Is that too far away?

goatfarmer
quote:
Originally posted by dentwizz
The trick is the 36"(for that matter 42") units are pretty sparse in the Philla Pa region seemingly. Broadmoor 32" are a dime a dozen.
Sounds like it's time to buy a Broadmoor.....;)

dentwizz
Sounds like it's time to buy a Broadmoor..... I had one last year to try that... Didn't like the tractor. Large frames do what I need and can do more, so I rather just keep to em. Good catch on that lead Phan, hopefully he still has it. BTW Rokon, I would love to consign down here. A quick sale is almost guaranteed.;)