Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dmsmitty2004

I did it again!!!! pics added 11/14/11

dmsmitty2004
Hello everyone, Been a while since I last posted, was away with work and life. Now finally getting a chance to get back to having fun, only to end up back in the dog house. Seen an ad on the Kansas City Craigslist for an Allis Chalmers 410. To make a long story short the young woman has sentimental value to it and wasn't happy about selling it, when I said I would restore it and take good care of it, I was told to come and get it. The best part about it all... $75 bought it. That was her price. I didn't even haggle the price. She even threw in a couple boxes of Girl Scout cookies, and wouldn't take another penny. it was dark before getting back, so no pictures yet, even forgot the camera, when I went to pick it up. Have to go to work tomorrow, I will bring home the camera and get pictures then. As promised here they are.... It is in good shape, been an attempt to repaint it. Came with mower Deck just took it off and put in storage right away. Bearings are free. Engine spins freely, BGB is solid. Shifter is sticking, but transmission is free and rolls better after towing it around.

Will have to get rid of the UGLY Seat, its rotten. Thankfully I have an original seat in Excellent shape for it sitting on my 310.

dmsmitty2004
quote:
Originally posted by cojo92
You are going to restore it now right??? LOL
Well, Soon as I get the darn gremlin out of the 919 that's given it a resting spot in the heated shop. Then I can finish getting snow gear on and ready. Then from there I will pull it in and start on it.

Sign in to follow this