Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ngale65

transaxle / bgb compatibility

rokon2813
No, the 7014 you said was a shuttle. Shuttles have special side plates. You could use the entire unit, and make the 110 longer, but to use the 110 side plates would require much modification. You could use just the 7014 bgb and pair it with another 3 speed tranny, put standard pulleys on it. You could also use the tranny from the 7014, put regular pulleys on it and have a 4 speed but it has no reverse.

HubbardRA
As Dan said, I am currently working on putting together a B112 chassis with a shuttle tranny from an AC 712. I used a BGB that I removed from an AC 410 and am also am using a PTO setup like was originally on a B112. Everything is going together pretty well. I have to spend a lot of time on my setup because of some of the features that I am combining that were never used together on a factory tractor. I am not absolutely sure that the frame from a 110 is the same as a 112. I know there is a difference in the length of the tractors, but that may be in the tranny plates. If the frames are the same, then your change can definitely be done, but it will take some small modifications and maybe a little engineering. I have not begun putting together a writeup on the build yet, but have taken some pictures. If you have any questions, I could probably help you with them. As you can see in the picture below, I actually have the tranny hooked up and ready to be used. Still lots of other things about the tractor that are going to take quite a bit of time. If you look closely, you will notice that I have converted the original vari-drive lever to be the forward/reverse selector for the shuttle tranny. Gonna work nice and only needed a couple mods to do it.

HubbardRA
Ray, In the picture above, I have used a set of late model fenders that hook directly to the rear hitch mounts that were on the tranny in the rear and also snap onto the front fender bracket on the 112 frame. The original double pivot fenders would have taken some modification to make them fit, so I used this set that I also had and it fit perfectly.

RayS
Just saying where it snaps on at the front on a B 110 the bracket is further forward on the dash console. He was saying he has a B 110 so he would need to move it back further if he put the shuttle on a B 110. The side plates in the B 112 and shuttles are 4" longer.

HubbardRA
Yes, he would either need to get another dash console off of a 112 or later, or grind the weld off the seat mount and move it rearward on the 110 plate. Also he would need to change to a newer set of fenders like were on the shuttle, or change the hitch over to the one from the B110 in order to use the double pivot fenders from the B110.

HubbardRA
The only real change that I had to do to hook up the shuttle tranny was to cut 3 1/4 inches out of the rod that goes from the tranny to the shift lever for the forward/reverse settings on the shuttle. In the picture below the arrow denotes the area where the material was removed. The weld does not look too good, but that piece is a made of tubing, and I reinforced it with a solid rod inside the tube where the weld is. The weld is melted into both the tube and the reinforcement rod. It is definitely strong enough. This worked so nicely that I didn't even need to do any bending to get the rod to fit. Also the clutch rod and shift rod bolted directly to the tranny with no changes.

I also bolted the forward/reverse shift quadrant to the dash in place of the vari-drive quadrant. I mounted it at the same distance from the lever pivot that it sat on shuttle tractor. Luckily, both shift levers had a detent bump that sat on the same radius from the lever pivot. The only problem that I ran into was the knob being very close to the dash when in the forward position. I am going to re-do the knob mount to angle it both to the right so that it sits out past the dash and angle it back toward the driver some also. It should look and work fine when I get that done. I suppose I could have moved the quadrant and lever farther to the rear, but I liked the way it sat on the dash, and didn't want the shift to sit too far rearward when in reverse.

Basically with what I have just shown you, the tranny is ready for use. All you would need to do is hook up the driveshaft. Good luck.