Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ready for snow - almost

tripleguy

Just need skid shoes - anyone know the part number for ordering 2 and from where? Jacks shows part #177434 changed to 1727854CSM to 1727854BM. A set of 2 now shows 1685501 or 1687101. Check the wheel weights. 1 3/4" of solid, milled steel. They must weight 75 - 80 pounds, maybe more. Toe and finger crushers for sure. Also check the short chute rod. It's too short to fit in a cab (if I ever find one) and angled too far to the right. I can bend the support but a longer rod in order? [IMG]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/tripleguy01/Tractors/snow1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/tripleguy01/Tractors/snow2.jpg[/IMG]

I made the rod for mine a couple days ago. It's pretty simple, plus if you put a Z bend on the end instead of the loop it can spin real fast and easy:D

I ordered a pair from Sears, pretty generic & did not have to drill any holes. Like $20. I'm sure the quality of the steel is not as good as Simplicity, but I have a dirt/gravel driveway anyway. Go onto Sears parts website and start browsing snowblowers, they list the sizes on each part.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
Olson's Outdoor Power Equipment S63 W14323 College Muskego, WI 53150 Within 10 miles. Probably in stock and no waiting on shipping.
I'd hate to do this to you Ray,,,,,,, I just got off the phone with Jerry, our local Simplicity dealer. Mukwonago Outdoor Power. He is checking his stock. He's south on "ES" before the Elegant Farmer. Olson's is a much larger operation than Jerry's, but I'm the kind of guy that tries to keep the $$ in the local economy. Besides, Jerry sponsors my bowling team.:D:D

Jerry has been telling me for weeks that he hasn't received his winter order yet. I was in there in early October and twice in November, most recently last Friday. Same line - order hasn't come in yet. I could buy these on the web and have them here in 4 or 5 days but I too wanted to keep the business in town. I went to the Simplicity dealer locator site and there aren't too many dealers left here in SE Wisconsin. I was at Esch in Oak Creek on Friday and they didn't have a Simplicity machine in the joint. He said they really don't deal with them any more but they are still listed as a dealer. I think Briggs let the dealer network flounder - the line will probably be next or coming soon to your nearest big box.

It seems more and more that our tractors have turned into toys much like snowmobiles, quads, personal watercraft, and golf carts. You can get parts easier and faster off the web than at the local dealer. During the summer, I had placed an order with Jerry for a 398811 Magnetron coil. He told me it was back ordered. I checked with him every couple of weeks, or so and, yep, I got the same answer. I finally called Briggs and the woman on the phone literally walked out to the dock and picked one off a pallet of coils that were already sold and waiting to be shipped. It seems that someone is buying bulk lots of replacement parts and the local dealers suffer because of it. The issue wasn't Jerry's fault, and in the end he loses a little business. I'm sure Jerry isn't alone.

If your spacing is 3" center to center the one in the link will work. There are others with different spacings on ebay as well. Never seen a dealer that wouldn`t order the parts I needed. Usually have in 3 days after placing order. I buy most my stuff from ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARIENS-BOLENS-SNOW-BLOWER-SNOWBLOWER-SKID-SHOE-/280585175491?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41542e01c3 One of my local dealers had there franchise taken away from them from Simplicity because not stocking anything. He will not be selling parts after Dec. 31. But luckly a Kubota - Toro dealer 5 miles closer started selling them last Janurary an I didn`t even realize it until I went to buy a new chain for my saw Saturday.