Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

JC Penney

mowinman2

Other than the paint and decals they are identical to a Simplicity 7013S Baron tractor. I believe they were only offered in 1975. They have a 13hp cast iron briggs engine with a shuttle transmission.

There are at least a couple in the club, but not many. They are pretty rare I think. I'm not fond of the style, and don't like the shuttle tranny, but if I found one around here cheap I would buy it.

Given the rareness factor and it's present condition I'd say that $600 asking price is a good starting point for negotiation. As always one has to feel out the seller for willingness to haggle and to try and tell from pictures what the exact condition of the tractor is would be next to impossible.

Pretty rare perhaps but I'm not a big fan of the paint scheme of the tractor. JMO. I know certain tractors are a real must have for the serious collector, is this one of them?

If the BGB is messed up you can easily spend $400.00 on that. That would be one of the first things that I would check out. It would be hard for me to spend $750.00 on a non hydro tractor though.