Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

front end loader plans

bigten65

I am in search of front end loader plans for my big ten. I plan to use it mostly for snow, so not for heavy loads. Has anyone used P.F. Engineering plans, or others, or your plans? Thanks!

I know guys have built parts of loaders, not sure if anyone has done one completely from scratch. there are probably some kind of plans somewhere on the net. As for using it mainly for snow, in plain english, loaders suck for snow removal in most cases. JMO.

I do not know anything about the plans you are talking about. I did design my own loader at one time. Never did build that one. Found a loader and bought it instead. Now, for snow usage. You would be much better off with a good spring-trip snow blade. I have a larger diesel loader with a 5 1/2 foot bucket, but I can clear snow much faster with my 48 inch blade on my AC716H. Remember that with a bucket you fill up the bucket, and then you have to dump it somewhere. That is a slow process with a lot of backing up and turning. A bucket is good for getting snow out of places where you can't get a blade, or for moving piles of snow from previous storms. They just are not as good for the normal plowing type jobs as a blade is.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Now, for snow usage. You would be much better off with a good spring-trip snow blade. I have a larger diesel loader with a 5 1/2 foot bucket, but I can clear snow much faster with my 48 inch blade on my AC716H. Remember that with a bucket you fill up the bucket, and then you have to dump it somewhere. That is a slow process with a lot of backing up and turning. A bucket is good for getting snow out of places where you can't get a blade, or for moving piles of snow from previous storms. They just are not as good for the normal plowing type jobs as a blade is.

I do have a front plow, but it does not have the spring trip. Does any body have plans for adding spring trip? I need the loader to move the snow away.