Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
adamf203

Carb Upper Body

adamf203
My tractor has been running rough. It seems to rev up and down, and I think that trottle shaft is worn and needs to be rebushed. The throttle shaft is loose, and doesn't remain stable with the engine running (rocks back and forth), and I think that is why the engine is hickuping. I want to replace the carb upper body Item: 299687. Has anyone replaced their bc of similar issues? Did this help? Is the unit complete when provided, and how hard is it to replace?

BLT
Surging is more of a function of the governor springs not being set properly. You should be able to get the throttle shafts and bushing separately. If you want to change cover you should have that portion of the carb section of service manual as disassembly and reassembly of the carb is a little tricky because of the positioning of carb nozzle.

dentwizz
I have seen a lot of cases where the bushings were the culprit on that series. Springs and fuel mix, first then bushings. A little slop is alright but not much. Looking at maybe 3-6 bucks each(maybe pair depending on the place).