Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Been awhile.. Need guesstimated value of 720

DoubleT

Hello again to those that's been here awhile, and greetings to the many new members. For an update, I was too lazy to rebuild the transmissions on either of my "B" models, so I went out and bought a 236 Cat skid steer to play with. Now I work it after work and weekends to try and pay for it :) Also picked up a 3108 that just needs a bolt, belt, and battery. I found a 720 that seems to be just slightly used. Everything feels tight, barely any paint worn at the running boards, a good looking machine all around, including attachments. Comes with a front loader, (about 50% of paint worn in bottom of it) and a scoop (beats me why both). The 60" mower, and I think 48" tiller are both 3 pt mounted and driven by rear pto. Couldn't fire it off because of bad ign switch, dead battery, and rain storm. But assuming it runs as good as it looks (like new other than oxidized paint), about what would something like this be worth? Thanks... Didn't really find enough to go by when doing a search in the for sale ads

Well, based on your description and the assumption that it does run as good as it looks, I'd say it is worth around $4000 to $4500. Paul

Bruce, if I fail to get ahold of you friday when I come to town let me know if you plan on parting with your B series please. thanks...MPH---Tok

Bruce... BUY IT!!! You're located in the North Pole for God's sake. It's probably worth it's weight in gold in Alaska. How many 720's do you think there might be up there? I'll bet there isn't many. Imagine the snow removal that could be done with it. I would say that a 720 in very good condition, with all those described implements would easily bring 4-5K+ here in the midwest. Compared to what the new breed of compacts cost - the 720 is a bargain in my opinion. Good luck. Post up pictures on the site after you get it home. ;o) Jeff