Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

transplant

yukon

i started out to make this tractor with powersteering and a 20 hp kohler well one month later its got a 17 hp kohler and no powersteering, i thru a deck under it and mowed my lawn worked great and steers easy, but i found a problem the cone clutch was spining took it off and found the key way was gone all that was there was a weld but not that good if i tighten it down it works good but dont know if it will last would it be ok to weld it and grind it down or just replace it ?

Dave , tractor looks good. You could try it for now at the worst part you would have to change the parts out later is all . And if you have to change out the BGB there not all that bad just time . But I maybe able to help you change them out if needed . My garage is always ready for a quick task to be taken again .

Make a brass woodruff key and weld aroud it. Check out the link below. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=118975&SearchTerms=brass