Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Vickers decal

Mack
I believe Cory already has that decal misidentified as an Allis 900 series decal.
[img]http://www.clickitandstickit.com/product_images/q/137/plot__69250_zoom.jpg[/img]
http://www.clickitandstickit.com/products/Allis-Chalmers-900-Series-Gear-Shift-Indicator-Decal.html Somewhere along the line the disengage position was flip-flopped as I have tractors that disengage one way and others that disengage the opposite direction.sm00

SmilinSam
I am aware of that decal of Coreys. We are trying to verify whether its the same exact decal on the HB-112 and HB-212 so it can go in those kits that are being set up right now. Decals for the 3112H and 3212H Simplicity tractors would likely be the same for our purposes. As you indicate the directions can be different. I also think I have seen different colored print too. His is currenty blue lettering, which I dont recall seeing before, but thats a decal I never really payed close attention to either.

PhanDad
There are two types of Vicker's "freewheel" decals; older type Vickers with no working brakes in "freewheel" and the newer type where the brakes work in "freewheel". Mack's pic above is for the newer Vickers ("freewheel" to left) The HB-112 had an older style Vickers based on my donor tractor:

Based on the above pic, I believe the HB-112 had a decal that is the same as my A/C Homelite T-12 ("freewheel" to right):

The newer Vickers had the decal mounted on the hydro fan guard (vs a separate plate as seen above for the older Vickers) based on this pic of a 3416H that passed through:

While the older Vickers is my 3410H:

As to different colors, I have no clue. Better old style pic and measurements coming soon.

PhanDad
HB-112 Decal (the Vickers is red thanks to PO):

3410H Decal:

A/C Homelite T_12 Decal (original version, older Vickers):

The size of all the above are 1-11/16" wide by 5-3/8" high. Note that they are all the same color, but NOT the same font. 3416H Decal (newer Vickers):

The above decal measures 1-15/32" wide by 2-5/16" high. A/C Homelite T-16 (late version, newer Vickers):

And, to my surprise, the above was mounted on a separate plate; Homelite's just have to be different I guess. I didn't measure this decal. I have the original higher res pics available if you want them. As you can see, none of them are in good shape. Let me know if you want me to email them to you.

sammiefish
i think you will find a change of types also between 3 and 400 series tractors... earlier (300s) freewheel to left later (400s) freewheel to right in all examples I have found AC or simplicity the straight shift bar is freewheel to left and the bent shift bar is freewheel to right jury still out on what late (AC 400) decal looked like or where it was mounted... Im interested (still) if anyone knows for sure... pics appreciated

SmilinSam
Bill, on the HB-112 one, can you measure the heith of the printed letters in the words "Gear Shift" at the top of the decal. Then a measurements for overal heighth and width as best you can?

PhanDad
Sam, The HB-112 shift/neutral decal overall height is 5-3/8" and the width is about 1-5/8", it's pretty beat up. The other two (T-12 and 3410H) decals were in better shape and measured 1-11/16" wide; they are pretty much the full width of the plate. Printing font heights: "GEAR SHIFT"______ 3/16" high "WARNING"_________ 3/16" high "BRAKE DOES.."____ 5/32" high everything else___ 1/8" high